It's the Law
Additional things you should know:
- Local town ordinances prohibit the transportation of Invasive Species into or out of Upper Saranac Lake.
- No boating while impaired or intoxicated through the consumption of alcohol or drugs.
- No water skiing or PWC operation between 1/2 hour before sunset and 1/2 hour after sunrise.
- It is unlawful for any person to moor or fasten a vessel to or willfully damage a lawfully placed aid to navigation.
- Intentional harassment of loons is illegal under both NYS Environmental Conservation Laws and the U.S. Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
- Nov. 1 - Apr. 30: Everyone on board must wear a life preserver.
- Do not dump waste in the lake - WE DRINK THE WATER!