Protect Our Water Supply
We're fortunate to enjoy the beautiful waters of the Upper Saranac watershed. Let's keep these waterways safe for future generations. You can help.
"From California to the New York island. From the Redwood Forest, to the gulf stream waters. This land was made for you and me."
- Re-route water flow to settle into the soil.
- Shrub your shore. NY State will even help!
- Do not use fertilizers.
- Maintain your septic system.
- Keep foreign material out of the lake and waterways.
- Use phosphate-free cleaning materials.
- Only run washers when fully loaded.
- Don’t feed the ducks.
- Maintain your boat engine.
- Use oil absorbent pads in the bilge.
- Keep engine at peak efficiency.
- Consider a new, cleaner motor.
- Download the USLA Tip Sheet